Thursday, February 15, 2007

Is it wrong?

This happened a few days ago. Boy, from his bedroom, is yelling something that apparently requires my attention. No matter that it is going on 10:00 PM and he is still awake. But that is a story for another day. This particular evening, it appears that Boy has discovered his, uh, male member. "Mommy! Mommy! Something something something" that I can't understand, but it is obvious he is trying to explain something important to me. I go see what he wants, and he has his hand in his underwear, checking it all out. Trying to be the cool, your body is A OK mom, I ask him what he needs. Hand still on the now perpendicular body part, he looks at me and says straitfaced, "somethin's going on down here". Yes it is, ladies and gentlemen, yes it is. I have a sister. My firstborn is a girl. I want so much to not make anyone feel embarrassed or ashamed of their bodies, but that is about more than I can take. What I really want to know is why he called ME and not Daddy? Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You asked, "How cute are my kids?" Personally, I think they are the most beautiful children I have ever seen.

About the Boy: Well Mom, in this miniature world that up to this point has been made up of girls, you are elected to figure out the male speciies and what makes their brains (and their little boy bodies) tick Good luck! P.S. What do you think Dad would have done if the Boy had called him instead?