Thursday, June 28, 2007

A new low, even for me.

I am working in the office this afternoon - on "floor duty" like every Thursday afternoon. As I am waiting to get some things back from the design department, I really was lacking things to do. Recently we have been innundated with task chairs and there is no method to their placement. So I took it upon myself to organize a little, rather than sitting on my rear surfing the net. We have a small "stage" in the center of the showroom that is elevated about 8 inches off the floor where some of our snazziest stuff is shown. I sat in a chair near the edge of the stage to lower it to regular person height and what happens? It ROLLS BACKWARDS OFF THE STAGE WITH ME IN IT!!! To add insult to injury, I tried to grab the elastic barricade thing and succeed only in bringing it down on top of me. The best part is that it all took place in such slow motion that I had time to say (to myself), if you hit your head on the desk behind you it is going to hurt like hell. I got lucky and didn't hit the desk after all but where I ended up was flipped over backward in a chair on the floor with my feet up in the air. Another lucky point - I was wearing pants. The most UNLUCKY part was the fact that Joey and his dad (my bosses) were both standing there and saw the whole thing go down. Anyway, no more sitting in chairs on the stage. Lesson learned.
Here is a shot of the scene of the crime...
Pin It

2 comments:

Dena said...

Hahahahahahahah! Dude - THAT would only happen to you!

Mom said...

I am ashamed to admit I would have loved to have seen that, knowing of course that you were not hurt. Then, I would help you up and hug you and kiss you and call you George.

I've no doubt that you recovered your dignity very quickly and impressed everyone.