Thursday, June 7, 2007

Panty Party

Not really, but it has a nice ring to it, don't you think? My girl Dena had a "bra party" last night - think Tupperware, only with very very nice undergarments. Not the festive kind, but the I. will. use. a. piece. of. dental. floss. or. a. shoe. string. to. hold. this. bra. together. if. that's. what. it. takes.`once it wears out 6 years from now kind of undergarment. You know, the kind you would die for anyone to ever see but cry when you throw it away kind of bra. As I sport some seriously small cleavage, there was no reason for me to invest in said fabulously awesome crazy good bra BUT the party did give me the opportunity to meet some super cool people. Dena has invited me about a million times so it's definitely not her fault that I haven't met these chicks yet, but I have to say that now that I have been officially introduced, I LOVE her friends!!! Funny, smart, down to earth, sweet...the list goes on and on! We had the best time last night! Well, I did, anyway - I can only hope the feeling is mutual. The only peeps I knew already were: Susie, who shamed everyone I know by hanging out and having a beer 5 days after a C-Section and English - Meduvac flight nurse who has at some point in her career been MUSC's Nurse of the Year. These girls represent! It is always so nice to meet people that you really like and want to hang out with - can't wait to do it again.

By the way, the front seat of the car has gotten so bad that I have started apologizing to Lawton before he even opens the door. My pig sty now includes the back area where I am housing five outfits for the cleaners, ten things for Good Will and about twenty Wulbern-Koval furniture catalogs. What is wrong with me? I am not a nasty person but by God do I keep a gross car! The other day I told Lawt that I really needed a SUV because I am apt to driving places where Volvo wagons should really not go (like sidewalks and grass medians) and he said absolutely not - you would only generate more garbage. What's up with that? It's his offspring that make most of the problem! Anyway, I am making it a point this weekend to clean my car, inside and out!!! I'll let you know how that turns out. Pin It

4 comments:

Grace Williams said...

I love your new pimped page! Your blogs make me laugh harder than anyone I know!
G

Dena said...

Girl - I TOLD you I had awesome friends - they are talking about how funny you are so I would say they had AS much fun as you did for sure!!!!!

Now you'll say YES when I invite you (insert I TOLD YOU SO laugh here)

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Loved meeting you! Hope to get together again soon -- and let me know if you're in the market for some leather goods.....

Jeffcoat House said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Sista! Come over to the 'Ville ANYTIME! We loved hanging with you!