Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Visiting friends, aGINN



Another week! What the hell is wrong with me? I really don't know - I think I might need my own laptop completely tricked out with all kinds of media management so that I can blog ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!

So here is the catch up. Thursday I receieved a call from Robert and Julie telling me that they were coming to Chucktown for the LPGA tournament at Rivertowne. As they were staying at my absolute favoritest place, The Belvidere, I took them up on their invite to hang out. If they had been staying anywhere else I would have had to think long and hard...kidding, of course, but I do love me some Belvidere. I love me some Robert and Julie too, though, so it all works out. Anyway, we chilled Friday afternoon/evening at their cottage and the clubhouse where there were serious slabs of beef cooking! Halfway through a super tasty (and totally free meal) I noticed that at the next table was ANNIKA SORENSTAM!!! Yes, the Hall of Fame LPGA golfer whose name is on half the billboards in the Charleston area!! There was another golfer with her who I thought was Michelle Wie but it turns out that I was wrong - it was someone else whose name escapes me but who I am sure is just as talented. I am just ignorant about most everything that does not involve kids or office furniture. What a fascinating life I lead indeed. Anywho, I had a really nice time - the music from Party at the Point was close enough that we had great background sound but far enough away that we didn't have to shout! Basically, we sat outside or on the porch watching the weather roll into the harbor and shooting the breeze. I left about 9:30, as I am waaaaaayyy to old for the three day long "Ginn hangover" as I have come to call it and as Julie is knocked up, thereby giving us both a great excuse to lay around, eat, watch TV, and go to bed early.


When I arrived home, there was QUITE the campground set up in the backyard. Tent, campfire, lantern, sleeping bags, you name it - it was there! Lawton and the kids were camping out! We hung in the tent for a little while, but it turned out that Will had burned his hand on the lantern only a few mintues before I got home and decided that he would feel better inside and sleeping in Mommy's bed, so he and I turned in about 10:45 and as much as I would like to say that we slept like babies, we didn't. He feel out of the bed, Winnie went crazy, a thunderstorm rolled in - you know us - we can't do ANYTHING the easy way. However, Lawton and Celi had a very good time and she was quite pleased with herself for sleeping in the backyard like a real camper. She has declared that she thinks it is time that we took her camping in the mountains so that it's quiet. What a diva.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful - we had Lazy Saturday (well, I did anyway) and Lawton and I went to see "Pirates of the Carribbean" Sunday afternoon. Pretty cute, a little weird, but a fun outing all in all. Way too much popcorn and candy - why do I always do that?! So back at work (which is very busy, hence the lack of postings) and onward through the rest of the week!

PS. Laptop has been downgraded from ICU to Critical Care. Hopefully I will be more prompt with the postings as Laptop gets over it's illness. Pin It

2 comments:

Dena said...

Girl you are always on the go too - Tell Lawton and Celi they are BRAVE to have camped out! I got to have AC!!!

Anonymous said...

Reb-
I love reading you blog...so you! Small world but Chris went to Wofford with Julie Greg Ginn and were good friends. We went to their wedding in Cola before we were married! Please tell them hello for us. Hope to see you soon;)

Susie