Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Work work and more work

So I must say, working like I have lately is reeeealllly cramping my style, especially my blogging style. I mean, how am I supposed to get my post on when the man is holding me down like this? Translation: I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Compound that little tidbit with the STILL ongoing technical difficulties and you have a recipe for a seriously out of date blog. GAWD. Anyway, once again, the big CATCH UP.

Friday night my friend Lea came to hang with us and as usual, we had a great time - the funniest part of the evening was when Lawton looked at us and goes, "Hey, if Lea and Anthony get married and Marie and Scott get married, then we'll all kind of be related." Lea looked at him and says, dead serious, "We weren't kidding about the sista thing - why do you think we set them up?" Hee hee hee...I soooo need a cohort and she is just about right! Also, I am now addicted to making playlists, so we did one for her Facebook page - pretty darn cool if you ask me!

On Saturday, my sweet husband let me sleep until 11:00! I couldn't believe I was still asleep when he unleashed the rats to come get me. Soooo tired from the week I probably could have kept sleeping until Monday morning, but alas, it was not to be. That afternoon we took the kids to the Whirlin' Waters water park at Wannamaker County Park and can I please tell you, WE HAD A BLAST!!! So much fun! Will was a little sad 'cuz he is still a tiny bit too short for the biggest water rides but all the same, we had such a great time. Celi was kind of scared but considering it was only three years ago that she wouldn't put one TOE in any kind of water, this was a marked improvement. She "swam" all in the little kid area, floated down the Lazy River and "hung ten" in the wave pool. Will, of course, was steady trying to drown himself or get lost so I got my exercise for the day keeping up with him as well as splashing around! Anyway, fun was had by all and we slept like the dead that night! Not used to all that exercise...


Sunday was spent doing the usual fun stuff - laundry, yard work, grocery store, etc. but I did get a chance to catch a flick with Dena that evening. We went to see "Knocked Up", which really was pretty cute. There was some, ahem, suprising cinematography, but it had some really good laughs and a super sweet plot. All in all, money well spent. Again, too much popcorn and Reece's Pieces (why why why why why????) but we had a good time all the same.

Back to work Monday and that is about IT. I must go create more playlists now. Peace. Pin It

2 comments:

Dena said...

Girl look at you rockin the kini and looking GOOD! I see lots of beach and pool in your future! Whirlin Waters is fun fo sho - and I had lots of fun at the movie - I was still too buttered out on Monday!

Mom said...

Now, that is a beautiful family! I agree with Dena, you make that bikini look good. Those sweet pictures of my babies make me smile.

One child who is afraid and one who isn't tall enough to ride. Makes it tough for Mom & Dad.