Monday, September 17, 2007

Difficulties

I am having a little bit of writer's block these days. Actually, I can't tell if I just don't have anything interesting to say, or if I am just not feeling inspired to say it. I will ponder this dichotomy and report back.

Just so that this post isn't completely boring, I will just prattle about what we've been up to lately, which really ain't much. We spent the weekend getting Lawt back into the EST groove as he was in Sweden for about a week. The funny thing is that there is always something messed up with his dirty clothes. Like this last time, I was sorting everything out and there were a pair of mystery boxers. While I was glad it wasn't mystery panties, how he came home with some Else's underwear remained a source of concern until he answered the question. The answer, by the way, is that a whole group of the people he was with (all men from 6 different countries) decided to jump into some cold ass water to prove their manliness. Which is funny in itself as anyone over the age of 12 knows what cold water can do to your "manliness". Whatever. The boxers didn't get dry so Lawt very graciously offered to transport them in the waterproof section of his suitcase so that his coworker (and owner of the mystery pants) didn't get everything in his bag wet on the way home.

Anyway, back home on the ranch, we joined the St. Andrews Fitness Center here in the AshTray, and I have been several times so far. They have an indoor pool which I love, but the best part is that it is basically where all the non-perfect people go to workout, which I REALLY love, as it makes me feel so much less self conscious. The swimming is awesome - I've only swam 3 times but it is already waaaay better than it was the first time. Yeah, the first swim left me tasting bile in the back of my mouth because I am THAT out of shape. Gross. Today was good though so hopefully I can keep it up. Swimming condition is pretty rock solid and that is what I am aiming for.

To wrap up, the kids are doing really well at school and at home - they LOVE getting home earlier and being able to dash out to the beach or wherever. Work is going really well and we are finally finished hanging pictures, unpacking stuff, etc. except that stupid curtain for our room that I have resolved myself to having to make instead of buy, but hey, if that is my only problem, who am I to complain?

I miss you Summerville chicas - someone, and you know who you are, needs to arrange a soiree and invite me! See y'all on the flip side...

post signature

Pin It

1 comment:

Dena said...

Who ME??? Girl you know I am ALWAYS up for a soiree - and how bout them cocks? Enjoy it while ya can!