Monday, October 1, 2007

Where has the time gone?!

So last week was pretty consumed with Will's medication management and a very large project at work. The thing with Will is getting there but we are still trying to tweak his dosing schedule a little bit in order to maximize the effectiveness using the most minimal dosage. So far his school behavior is very improved (thank God!) so we are very pleased with that but we'd like to get to a point where he is doing well in the evenings as well.

I did have time to squeeze in some fun stuff too though - last Thursday Dottie and I took a cooking class at Charleston Cooks! with Catherine and two of her friends. Toooo much fun! I loved it and would definitely recommend it to do either with a significant other or a group of girlfriends. Very cool.




Friday night we went to the gym, then cooked some shrimp that I bought here in the hood (at a bargain basement price of $1.99 a pound). Tasted really good but the smell in my hurbie curbie is completely out of control. It looks like one of the plagues of Egypt with all the flies swarming around. Wednesday (trash day) can not come soon enough!

Saturday we packed up and went to the river for some outdoor fun. The weather was FABULOUS! Breezy, warm, low humidity, good water temperature, etc. We boated, crabbed, swam, fished, ate, picked pecans and pears and generally just enjoyed ourselves. When I die and (hopefully) go to heaven, I hope it looks and feels just like the Toogoodoo River did Saturday! We only had one mishap and that was swamping the tube while Celi was on it AGAIN. Poor kid - every time I convince her that it will be fine, something happens and she gets dumped into the river. Oh well, hopefully she will keep trying.

Yesterday, was laaaaazy! Will and I took a nap in the middle of the day and no one but Lawton was dressed until about 2:00. We wrapped up the evening with some takeout from Moe's and Return of the Jedi - what more could anyone ask for???

Thanks to everyone who still checks in on me even though I am inconsistent with my blogging!



post signature

Pin It

4 comments:

Dena said...

Good for you - Looks like your weekend was a blast !!! You and your posse look like naturals behind the stove!!! I am glad to see you are up and running!

PS - girl you look good! Working out is a good look on you!!!

Tell Dottie I say whaz up!

The Birds Nest said...

I'm Dena's friend from Columbia. I don't know if you remember me, but I check in on you. Girl, you're funny! I enjoy your blogs, and especially your funny rants. Dena says many times you don't even know that you're funny. Makes it even better. Glad you had a fun weekend!

Buffie said...

Hey girl..good luck with the med tweaking!!! So glad you are doing good and keep on cookin' up tha' goods!! So glad your weekend was a blast...sounds like my kinda day yesterday!!

tlellisor said...

You should at least update this blog once a week. I know you aren't actually working!