Monday, January 12, 2009

Flying Monkeys

We live in an average neighborhood, in an average house with average neighbors. This being said, there is some kind of phenomenon surrounding the house leftways across the street. Last year it was a likely meth lab, lice and involved DSS and this year brought us the flying monkeys. Not really, but there are two boys that no one pays any attention to, who are always outside and NEEDY. Don't get me wrong-these kids are friendly and polite but they are constantly out front, riding their bikes. So the instant we go outside or pull in the driveway - there they are! Lately for some reason, I have heard the Wizard of Oz music when I see them - you know, the da dada da dada that plays when the Wicked Witch is shown riding her bike and have since named them the flying monkeys. Which is mean but so it goes.

I am going to Chicago for work tomorrow, which I am very excited about, sub-Arctic temperature notwithstanding. Luckily for me, I work with people who have lived all over the country and own the necessary outerwear, so I didn't have to buy anything for this trip! Very pleased about this because I am really trying to stay on a budget right now and hopefully forever. I can't speak for the rest of my generation, but I can tell you for certain that this person has learned the lesson of credit, spending and waste - not one that I want to learn again! Anyway, back to the trip. I'm such a weirdo - I have major travel anxiety. Not flying anxiety but more of the packing/planning variety. So stupid. I'm going overnight on a direct flight to a Fortune 500 company's showroom/conference - should be pretty idiot proof, right? We'll see! Pics/update to follow...









post signature

Pin It

No comments: