Friday, January 9, 2009

The House that Never Sleeps

So it seems that no matter what time of night it is, someone in my house is up. Usually its the humans, but the animals fall victim to this phenomenon occasionally too. It does not matter what time I might awake - it is inevitable that I will run into some member of the household. That is, if the offending member is not the reason I woke up in the first place. More than a few times, I have gotten up to use the bathroom or get some water and run into a child, an animal or a husband in the hallway. Sometimes it's the usual - bad dream, thirsty, bathroom, etc. - that part isn't interesting. The mystery is why it happens ALL THE TIME!!! I have called our house Casa de Connelly for years now but I'm considering changing the name to The House That Never Sleeps. I can't really hold it against the cats - they are naturally nocturnal and it takes awile to diffuse the wake up switch on an animal but even the damn dog will start pacing the hallway for no reason sometimes. I am thinking of getting some serious Feng Shui up in here because I am so sleep deprived that I can hardly remember my own name most of the time and the nighttime reindeer games aren't helping! Maybe we need to face our beds in a different direction or something.


post signature

Pin It

No comments: