Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Thoughts

I don't know about you people, but between the weather and the economy, I'm feeling a little down in the mouth. This state of mind doesn't even take into consideration that I have finally admitted that I am cosmically cursed. Which I wallowed in and shed a few tears over this past weekend, but I'm getting over it. PLUS I keep getting colds, which does not improve the mood for the most part. Anyway, at the same time as this pity party was happening, I also discovered Twilight. I know I'm behind the times and I'm cool with that, but I did NOT expect to like these books. Twilight got my attention so much that I actually BOUGHT the sequel, New Moon, which is unheard of for me. I never ever buy books - they are just too freaking expensive, especially right now. So, now instead of complaining about the lack of sunshine, I am looking at people more closely so that I can determine if they might be vampires or not. Yes, I do have more important things to think about, thank you, but thinking about this kind of stupidity is what keeps me sane enough to DO those important things.

I also think that I want Samantha Brown's job. Isn't time for her to start popping out kids or something? But if I can't have her job, couldn't we at least be BFF's? She's interesting and fun - I'm interesting and fun. What's not to like? Even better - we could be a travel TEAM! Now to determine how to present this idea without seeming like a stalker...if she's not down with it, maybe I could steal Anthony Bourdain's show, only I'm not good at being that much of an ass, so I'd need some time to practice.

Next, my daughter informed me yesterday that she wants to go to Irish school. What is this, you ask? She has two friends at school who both go to language school on the weekends; one is Jewish and the other is Chinese. She wants to have a defined cultural background, other than white, which is what we are. My family on both sides has been here forever and my husband's family has been around almost as long, so we don't really have distinct immigrant flavor. I hated to inform her that Irish people generally speak English and therefore don't have a school here but at the same time, I think this is a good opportunity for hands on learning. I am trying to figure out a way to show her where we come from, without getting over her head, so if anyone knows how to explain genealogy to a seven year, please let me know!




post signature

Pin It

1 comment:

Elysa Henegar said...

Rebeccah, I love your blog! I just bought Twilight the other day but haven't read it yet. It's one of the selections for one of my book clubs. Looks deliciously interesting and wonderfully escapist.:) I can hardly wait.