Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

So the last week or so has been a big blur. There was the Super Bowl Party at Michelle and Ben's house (big shout out to them for the kiddie condo arrangement across the street) which was fun; my birthday, which we celebrated at EVO, with tasty pizza and micro brews, followed by cake and ice cream at Scott and Marie's house. I had a very nice day and was given some very thoughtful gifts - HELLO Costco membership! Plus, how can a day be bad that starts off with Strawberry Supreme Cake at 8:45 AM? Sooo delicious. We have this wonderful tradition where I work that when it is your birthday, we all have cake for breakfast!

Anyway, yesterday I put all my gift cards to work - fantastic haircut with Erica, new sneakers at Dick's and getting my Costco card. All in all, a pretty darn good haul and relaxing to boot! PLUS I still have my gift certificate to Sesame, courtesy of Scott and Marie...looking back at what I just typed, it has dawned on me that I am, as they say in dog training, food motivated. Maybe I should work on that. How awesome would it be if I was, say, ELLIPTICAL motivated?! Hmmm....

So, what else? Ah, yes, I have once again been roped into coaching soccer. Which is fine because Celi wants to play soccer and if I have to be there anyway, I may as well be in charge. I enjoy it for the most part, but I kind of wish I was coaching kids that are a little older and more into playing, rather than chasing butterflies and twirling each others hair. And, yes, this does include the boys, by the way. Hopefully this spring will be better than last fall - the kids were so nonchalant about everything that it was pretty frustrating.

This weekend and last have actually been really nice outside, which I am so thrilled about - the rainy weekends were getting to more than I could take. We have had some serious park time, which does wonders for all our moods, as well as our health. A few weeks ago, it had rained so many days in a row that I couldn't take it anymore and took the kids to the playground in the rain. It wasn't pouring or cold, so we just hung out for a couple of hours, getting some exercise.

I have a feeling that the next couple of weeks are going to be pretty full, but in a good way. My parents are moving back to Charleston after having been in Asheville for the past ten years, and I am thrilled! It has been lonely for me in a weird way, even though I am surrounded by friends and Lawton's family. It's just not the same as your own PLUS I am so happy that they are going to be able to be involved in all the little things that the kids do - sports, school, parties, etc. - things that they have missed over the past seven years.

Anyway, we have had another gorgeous weekend, which has made me quite happy. We went to two parks today and are completely tired out but in a good way. More to follow...



post signature

Pin It

No comments: