Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scramble

Do you ever have times when you think that there just isn't enough room in your head for all the different things you are trying to think about? This week has been like that.

Worrying about/praying for Forester (my friends child who has recently begun treatment for brain cancer) has consumed a lot of mental/spiritual space. Alongside this, and, I believe, no coincidence, has been a particular blog I read - subject matter a couple of times this week has been about her spiritual life and her particular struggles. I have been following this blog off and on for a couple of years now, and, not to sound like a weirdo, her writing has gone from really good, to INSPIRED in the past week. Again, what has struck me most strongly is the timing of it all. Not to be dramatic about it, but her first post about dropped me like a stone - coincidence? I think not.

www.suburbanturmoil.blogspot.com - Please check this out if you are like me and can't quite get a grip on all of it.

The timing on this has been nothing short of divine, because ever since I found out about Forester's illness, I have prayed more in the last two weeks than I have in the last two years. However, I feel like a hypocrite, like I don't have the right to pray and ask God for anything, because I have virtually ignored Him and everything else related to the Christian life for quite a long time. What to do? I believe and I don't believe all at the same time. It's so confusing.

So take all of this, throw in work, friends, kids, school (and associated insanity), soccer, t-ball, and random pet catastrophes and you will see why I feel so mentally scrambled! Eggs, anyone?


post signature

Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can pray however and whenever you want and God will listen. It doesn't matter if you haven't talked in a while. God is always listening. Trust me on this. Bless you.