Friday, July 29, 2011

13 Things About My Son That Touch My Heart

After I posted yesterday, it took about 90 minutes before I remembered that yesterday's Thursday Thirteen was supposed to be dedicated to Will. Whoops. You can just put my Mother Of The Year award in the mail, k? Thanks. Anyway, even though he has no idea about this and even though it's not Thursday, I feel like a jerk, so I'm doing another 13 list. Here goes...

13. He is the most literal person I know. Sometimes it's infuriating, but mostly it's hysterical.

12. He is stingy with the "I love yous" so when I get one, it's the best feeling in the world.

11. His hands and feet still have the soft baby skin - I would hold his hand indefinitely if he would let me.

10. He reads DK encyclopedias rather than story books.

09. He has a light brown birthmark on his tummy. On the exact same location on his back, he has a white spot where there is no pigment. It's ridiculously adorable.

08. His little skinny self can SMACK the stuff out of a baseball and is absurdly coordinated.

07. Having him has helped me understand my husband better as they are so much alike.

06. He loves to help people, including me.

05. His vocabulary is such that he sounds like a little professor when he speaks.

04. Yucky boy stuff - he has mastered pit farting. While this is gross, the look on his face when he does it is so proud that I can't be too mad.

03. Have you seen his hair? It's amazing - blond curls straight out of Blue Lagoon.

02. He makes up his own Lego creations that blow the ones in the stores away.

01. Because of him, I learned that a surprise is a gift you didn't know you wanted until you got it.

You're my man Big Will...I love you to forever.


post signature

Pin It

2 comments:

Tara said...

I just loved this post! You can tell your son is a really awesome kid!

bereccah said...

Thank you! He's pretty darn special, that's for sure. But I'm not biased or anything... ;-)