Monday, July 11, 2011

Begininng again.

When I began this blog several years ago, I wanted for it to be mainly about my family, so that my kids would have a sort of journal of their childhood. The eventuality is that once I got into social media of a different sort (you KNOW who you are), this blog fell by the wayside. Recently though, I was talking to a friend and we were reminiscing about our shared childhood. She pointed out that we both have a set of memories from that time and how great it is that we could share them with each other as neither of us recalls everything. This conversation reminded me how easy it is to let memories slip away and how wonderful it can be when someone shares things with you that you had forgotten. Not every memory is good, obviously, but even the difficult ones have worth in some ways.

So, my goal is to resurrect my blog in order to keep some kind of record of our family life as my children grow up, and perhaps share some unrelated thoughts of my own. My other goal is to write for myself and my family, and not get caught up in how many hits or comments I get, which is what happened last time due to my over sized ego having mad insecurity issues. Maybe people will read it and maybe they won't but we'll have the memories just the same.


post signature

Pin It

4 comments:

Elysa Henegar said...

Yea! I always enjoy reading your posts!

bereccah said...

Thanks E. I'm feeling terribly insecure about the whole thing, to be honest. Eeeeek!

Lisa said...

Fun!...and totally worth it as far as preserving memories goes, imho...I'll read yours if you read mine! ;-)

bereccah said...

Lisa! I had no idea! Your bloggity blog is adorable. I will definitely be dropping by! :-)