Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Blog?



So here in the glorious old south-land, when it gets this hot, our thoughts naturally turn to college football. To people from other parts of the country this probably seems nuts, as in truth football is considered a fall sport. But here in the Lowcountry summer/fall lasts pretty much until December so they'll just have to deal.

Until it cools down, we ladies consider it a personal challenge to tailgate, go to the game and then tailgate some more without looking like we've been sitting in a sauna for fourteen hours (which we totally have). Not to mention that for whatever insane reason, tailgating attire MUST be cute/fun/spirited, regardless of the fact that it's 110 degrees outside and you'll likely be sitting in the broiling sun with 80 something thousand people for three plus hours. Sometimes we're successful and sometimes we end up looking like survivors of a natural disaster but I digress.

I am toying with the idea of starting another blog that is solely dedicated to college sports, with emphasis on football (only 39 days! Squeeee!) and baseball (back to back national champions thankyouverymuch). And, as you all well know, I'm a die hard Gamecock fan and will likely do some "crowing" if the occasion calls for it, but I'd like for this to be a site that fans of all teams can appreciate. I'm thinking tailgating recipes, game day attire, family friendly events, fan gifts, etc.,as well as news about the the other major southern religion, college football.

There are a million blogs about sports, but a lot of them are super detailed and in depth about the game itself, not to mention written by men. While those blogs are informative and interesting, I want to make this more about the experience and be directed towards female fans and families. So, I am asking you, my six readers, to let me know what you think. The more I write, the more I'm thinking I'm going to do this but I'd love some actual feedback. So, if y'all would share your thoughts in the comments I'd really appreciate it!


Here's a little something to help you think this through...:-)

http://www.collegecharlie.com/fbnvs.html



post signature

Pin It

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a fabulous idea!