Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thirteen Things That Are Amazing About My Daughter


When I first began this blog several years ago, making a "Thursday Thirteen" list was popular. I have no idea if this is still the case or not, but I like lists, so I'm going to do one about my daughter this week and one about my son next. I feel that sometimes we get caught up in the maintenance of parenthood, and forget that having children is such a wonderful privilege. Appreciating them for who they are and not who I think they should be or want them to be is important to me so I am making this list to remind myself. Be forewarned - Cecilia is awesome so you may be jealous. ;-)

13. She dances/skips/frolics everywhere she goes, like she hears music that no one else does.
12. She can make the most ridiculous faces - think Puss in Boots from Shrek when he's putting on the sadness.
11. She inherited my gift of mimicry and the voices she can do are incredible.
10. She has the tiniest smattering of sun freckles across her cheeks and nose.
09. Her compassion for animals knows no bounds.
08. She can sense unhappiness from a mile away and always tries to comfort those who are sad.
07. Even though she antagonizes her brother, her love and care for him is obvious.
06. She is beautiful, brilliant and hilarious. (Of course)
05. She writes wonderful stories and has an amazing imagination.
04. She runs like the wind and swims like a fish.
03. Being a peacemaker and being at peace in her relationships is a priority for her.
02. She was with me on the stairs the day I fell and was hurt so badly that it was a miracle she wasn't hurt and that I was only injured.
01. Her arrival in my life awoke feelings I never even knew I had and changed my life forever.

I love you SweetPea.

post signature

Pin It

2 comments:

chd_wvr said...

Her sense of humor is only equaled by her cosmic twin Molly. I knew the Gods had brought these two together when Molly reported that Celia wanted to be a softball player and an assassin for Halloween.

Her costume consisted of her uniform and a pocket knife.

Now that's funny right there.

bereccah said...

Ahh...my dreams coming true in my lifetime...that my daugher is a ball playing ninja assasin. I'm so proud.