Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo Post #1 - My Favorite Part About Writing

Wow. Way to start off with a tough question! To be honest, while I like to write, I'd rather talk. Which explains why my writing is so conversational, I guess. But if I had to define my favorite thing about writing, it is that for some strange reason, being able to put my thoughts down on "paper" is a serious stress reliever. I have a tendency to obsess about things that bother me, things I see, things I've done, things my kids have done, things that, well, you get the point. Being able to download these thoughts out of my brain, relieves the pressure so speak and frees up some memory for other things. I feel so overwhelmed with such frequency, writing helps me make sense of my life. The other favorite part is that it helps me keep a kind of historical record of my family goings on and since I'm such a sorry crafter, it's a perfect place to keep memories.

This post is part of National Blog Post Month from Blogher. Check out http://www.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://www.nablopomo.com to read more from other bloggers or to join the fun yourself!
post signature Pin It

No comments: