Monday, December 5, 2011

And I Was All Like, Whoa, I'm Totally Behind

So it has come to my attention that my blog is out of date. I never cease to be amazed out how quickly posting slips away from me. First there was Thanksgiving (which was very nice, thanks for asking) and then there was a trip to the Boondocks, where I got to watch my Gamecocks beat the sh*t out of Clemson in the company of one of my best friends. Who also happens to be the biggest Tiger fan on the planet. That is always a good time. Heh.

And then there was the requisite holiday illness that has thus far affected three of the four Connellys and both the grand-Connellys as well. Now the retail bonanza commonly known as Christmas is fast approaching and I am beginning to feel the usual seasonal panic, which puts a total clench on the marginal flow of creative juices coming from yours truly.

Not only that but honestly y'all, I'm kind of getting tired of virtually talking to myself. Those of you who don't know about blogging might not know this little tidbit: I can sort of see when you've been here. Yes, you.

And while I am certainly not looking for adoration, praise or accolades, it would really be nice if people would interact a little bit. Blogging is personal, and I blog for multiple reasons, not all of which have to do with my readers, but not least of which is because I like interacting with people.

I'm going to say this as plainly as possible and try not to sound like a whining shrew at the same time: please, if you read and have a minute, throw me a bone and leave a comment. Not only does it make my day for someone to reach out to me, it helps me write better when I know what my readers are thinking!

OH, and if you have time, swing by my girl Jenny's blog at http://thebloggess.com. She has some kick ass ways to reach out to those in hard times in some really simple and easy ways! Love her - weird as hell, brilliant and hilarious - my favorite kind of person. :-)

Anyway, check you guys on the flip side...



post signature Pin It

11 comments:

Jane said...

This is my first official comment on a blog. You have shamed me into it, thank you very much. I hope this doesn't lead me to bigger and darker things, like becoming one of those people that comment on Post and Courier online articles. I always love reading your stuff..

Madame Zimmie said...

GUILT! It gets me every single time. I am aware of its power, as it is a tactic that I've employed many a time. Am I ashamed of this? Absolutely not! Am I proud that you've baited and hooked your audience? For certain! Your powers may have even worked two-fold on me, in that I am seriously considering penning a post today. Or drinking. Blog or wine...blog or wine...blog or wine...or BOTH! Bisous lady.

bereccah said...

Hi ladies! Thanks so much for your fine comments - I truly appreciate it.

Jane, there is no way you could ever be one of those horrid P&C people - they are crafted in the fires of hell, I'm convinced.

Krista, wine and blogging are an excellent combination. I suggest you posting immediately because you are one of my absolute favorites to read!

Eve @Beautifulspitup said...

Hey lady, this is my first visit to your blog. I found you via Scary Mommy's comments. You cracked me up and sound a lot like me so I thought I'd hop over and see what you're all about.

I have a tip for you to get more interaction...first, ask a question at the end of each post. Try to entice them to answer in the comment section. You also might want to add a comment reply service to your blog. I see you comment below, but want to know a secret? Nobody is seeing your replies unless they come back to your blog and read the comments. The only way for people to see your reply is for you to install a reply widget so that the commenter gets an email when you reply to their original comment. Anyway, good luck blogging...you're fabulous!

stacey beck said...

i also found this today through scary mommy, but after the 1st post i read, will undoubtedly be back to check you out :)

bereccah said...

Thanks so much Stacey! I love Scary Mommy and any friend of hers is a a friend of mine. Look forward to getting to know you!

Sarah said...

Found you on Scary Mommy, your comments cracked me up and so does your blog (:

bereccah5 said...

Thanks Sarah! Scary Mommy's peeps are showing me some serious love today! Glad to hear from you. :-)

Sucrowe said...

I'm glad you can see me, even though I don't comment. At least I am reading! Have a good day!

bereccah5 said...

I am very glad to have you as a reader. Thanks so much for saying hi! Hope you have a great day as well. :-)

bereccah5 said...

Thank you so much Sarah! Come back any time. :-)