Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sneeze Free Potpourri

I sometimes find that when I'm not sure what to write, if I just start typing, the words begin to flow. Sometimes it's total garbage, but often I'm pleased at the direction the keys take me. My blogging definitely ebbs and flows but I think some of that is because I feel this compulsion for every post to be hilarious, moving, informative, touching etc., when most of the time the things I have to write about are just basic issue life things.

Things get interesting (kinda) when I have a bunch of unrelated tidbits I'd like to get out of my head and down on "paper".

Here is an example of what I mean:
I made a video of my cat and uploaded it to you tube. I think it's adorable, while the rest of you probably think I'm weird.Watch here and be the judge http://youtu.be/gC6Uq7Vxt-k

Stay at home moms - please do not ever express pity for a work outside the home mom. It makes us, I mean, me, want to beat your ass.

The Republican primary/election bs makes me want to weep. Don't worry - I don't like the other side either, or the entire political system come to think of it. Hence the crying.

My daughter is trying out a very awesome, but very pricey private school. If accepted, she will need to be on total scholarship. I'm terrified, but as my husband said, it's not about us. 

We went fishing Sunday and spent time at what is probably my favorite place in the whole world, the Toogoodoo Creek. A mother dolphin with a calf swam so close to us I could have touched it, which was awesome.

I'm so broke I can't even afford to pay attention. Tired of that, actually. Both my husband and I looking for new jobs, but that kind of sucks too.

Trying to lose a few pounds. Everyone has their own challenges in this department but let me tell you, when you have never had to watch what you eat, learning at this age is hard.

Two very exciting things coming up - I have an article in the upcoming issue of Smitten Magazine Magazine coming out Thursday and next week I'm going to be a guest poster on Scary Mommy! Very excited about both of those things. I have something else cooking too, but I'm waiting to see if it comes to fruition or not.

So that's about it for now - I'm trying to be on the page in Busy Mom's book that reads, "This is my life. This is my blog. And while I'm mostly fabulous, sometimes I'm just doing regular stuff. And that's totally fine with me."


See you guys soon. :-)


post signature Pin It

No comments: